Hoe and Hope Garden Club wishes to encourage education in horticulture, environmental horticulture or landscape architecture, therefore, we offer a yearly scholarship. A $1000 scholarship is available to a college junior, senior or graduate qualifying student.
Please send application, 2 letters of recommendation, applicant letter and academic transcripts to:
Ruth M. Martin
8592 CR 24
Ft. Lupton, Co 80621
Application deadline: March 31
Guidelines for applying for the Hoe and Hope Scholarship:
Consideration for the college scholarship shall be based on:
- 2 letters of recommendations (typed or computer generated), one from an employer and one from a faculty member. The letters should include but are not limited to scholastic ability, personal character, and work experience.
- 1 to 2 page letter from applicant to include: Academic and professional goals
- Why you decided to pursue your chosen major
- Why you should receive this scholarship
- How will you give back to the community after completing your academic goals
- A description of a significant experience or achievement that has had special meaning to you
- Complete official academic transcripts from the university you are attending/have attended
- Cumulative GPA minimum of 3.00 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be a 3/4 or full-time sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student taking 9 to 12 credits per semester
- Must be a resident of Colorado
- Areas of study must fall within the following: horticulture, environmental horticulture or landscape architecture
Scholarship Policy of the Hoe and Hope Garden Club in Longmont, Colorado
In the event of a change in major other than listed above or if the student drops out of school or is no longer a resident of Colorado before the end of the term covered by this scholarship, the funds are to be returned to the Hoe and Hope Garden Club in Longmont, Colorado.
Contact for further information
On subject line, type Hoe and Hope Garden Club College scholarship